Spend on Trend is a fashion and jewelry trade show featuring Canadian designers. The show is run by Jody Phillips, who wore a kimono style meets Vancouver asymmetrical pattern top by TOGS. Like Jody, you too can support local designers! Spend on Trend runs until Sunday, September the 7th. Some of the stand out designer booths include:
- Catalyst Reaction – Leather cuffs and belts imprinted with silkscreened designs, co-owner Kate Bachmeier describes her accessories as an eclectic mix of nature and urban street.
- Fiveleft Leather – Beautiful leather bags, wallets, and more by Lincoln Heller. Clasps are made from reclaimed hood ornaments and bike spokes.
- Shi – Stained glass Chinese & Indian silk pendants, hand made in Victoria. Designer Cory Judge describes them as pieces, “encased in a moment in time.”
- Tala – Delicate gold jewelry designs by Bahar Taheri that’s classic enough to be worn through the day but stylish enough to transition into the night.
- Toodlebunny – You can expect only the best from designer Trudy Wynans. She’s so meticulous, she bubble wraps each piece in individual containers, and packs them “Jenga style”.
There’s still time for you to meet the designers of these great Canadian brands and check out their goodies at Spend on Trend this weekend from September 5th to 7th at Scotiabank Dance Centre (677 Davie Street). Times are as follows:
September 6th: 10am to 9pm
September 7th: 11am to 6pm
Stay tuned until next week for a full review of Spend on Trend and lots more photos from the event!